Friday, July 24, 2015

Introduction to New Blog

Oh my....how did this happen? I told myself over and over again that blogging will NOT happen. The amount of time and effort that goes into my YouTube channel is enough already! But yes, here it is. I keep hearing the first few words of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody" in my head...

"IS THIS THE REAL LIFE? IS THIS JUST FANTASY?"...

Well, I'm thinking that blog is going to be closer to my "real life." While I LOVE making videos for my YouTube channel, it doesn't allow me the freedom to be myself 100%...not that a blog could really do that either, but at least I don't feel so restricted as to keep my thoughts and words under an "X" amount of minutes.

Making short, compressed videos, while fun (and much more rewarding than I had anticipated because it brought me to YOU!!!) is not "THE REAL LIFE"...no, how can it be? And yes, I could do vlogging, and even make videos up to an hour long just talking about my thoughts, but I don't know if I'm ready to do something like that.

SO, where do the remnants of my daily thoughts end up? Probably here. Will it last? Time will tell, I guess. WELCOME to the REAL CLARA SLATE....hopefully you weren't brought here simply because you were looking for Dollar Tree stuff, because there is definitely going to be some non-Dollar Tree topics here.

If you ARE only interested in Dollar Tree stuff, please feel free to visit my YouTube channel, at https://www.youtube.com/user/claraslate ! If you prefer to ignore this blog completely, believe me, I totally get it. I'm not hilarious, I'm not a supermodel, and I'm not a wonder woman with an immaculate house and Pinterest-worthy decorations.

So, hopefully what brought you here is merely a wish to get to know me better and discuss some things...whether you are a long time friend or family member, a new friend, or a new subbie to my YouTube channel! I'd love to hear your thoughts...but anything nonconstructive or disrespectful will probably end up in the trash, just fyi :)

Love + light,
Clara Slate

1 comment:

Leave a comment or question!