Monday, December 14, 2015

Dollar Tree Review - Chef Ernesto Vegetable Empanadas

Hi all! Time for another Dollar Tree Review!



I love when vegetarian products come to the Dollar Tree, so I had high hopes for this one. Plus, I thought their veggie burgers and samosas weren't too bad.

Each box contains four empanadas. I baked these at 350F for 5 minutes each side in the toaster oven. It had a good crisp skin but I'm not a fan of the texture inside. 




It's made primarily with black beans, so if you like black bean or lentil tostadas you might like these. Like the other Chef Ernesto products, it has Indian spices (which I normally LOVE), yet this time the taste fell flat.






It also was a bit dry so I ended up adding sweet chili sauce to make it a bit more appetizing.

Overall 6/10, and I would NOT buy it again.

What did you think of these?

Love + light,
Clara


1 comment:

  1. I thought the veggie samosas were ok at DT but you get better taste and quality at Costco

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment or question!