Friday, July 29, 2016

Clara's Cooking | Mango Salsa

This is an EXCELLENT side to baked chicken or fish. There are varieties that have added oil and granulated sugar, but I find neither is necessary! For my baked chicken recipe (using almond flour), see here: http://bit.ly/2ajb4S8


TMI: This is one of my husband's favorite sides, along with my parmesan chicken. I used to make this all the time while we were dating. It is how I "won" his heart, LOL :)


Ingredients:

1 ripe mango, sliced into small cubes
2-3 roma tomatoes, cubed
2 scallions, finely chopped
1/4c apple cider vinegar (can add more if needed, but be sure to taste first)
Salt & black pepper






Directions:

1. Mix all ingredients together. 
2. Try not to eat all in one sitting. ;)










Tips:

- Use a large empty glass bowl or Pyrex container in which to mix ingredients. Consider placing in refrigerator for 20-30 minutes prior to mixing salsa. This is so the bowl is 'pre-cooled,' allowing your salsa to stay fresh at parties!

- For added color and flavor, consider adding 1 avocado, chopped.


love + light,
Clara

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question!