Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Thrifty Desk Alarm Clock - Ikea Vackis Clock

One of the must-haves we had when buying our new home was to have a desk in the kitchen. My husband calls it the "mommy desk." As a YouTuber, it's great to have because I can keep up with social media while cooking dinner, cleaning the kitchen, etc.

That being said, there is such a thing as the computer being TOO readily available....at least from the perspective of a mom. I don't want to be online so much that miss out on those special moments, and sometimes I have to ACTIVELY give myself time limits or set a timer to get off the computer....much like a kid, I guess. Haha :)




Although the internet has plenty of timers available at the ready, I wanted to have a timer that was separate from my computer, more for symbolic reasons than anything. Plus, it requires me to PHYSICALLY take my hands off the keyboard and my eyes away from the screen to turn the alarm off!


I love decorating my desk, but I still wanted a little alarm clock for next to nothing, a clock that still went with the modern decor of my teal/pink/white color scheme, but not too big or cumbersome. It also had to stand on its own, be cordless, and be flexible with location, should I reorganize/redecorate my desk.




This little number from Ikea was PERFECT for my needs! It met all the above criteria for only 99 cents and is just adorable. So happy to have found a clock this small that has an alarm clock, plus, it's NEW!!! I am so used to buying things used that it actually felt like a bit of luxury - I know, weird, huh? :)


Ikea Vackis Clock

Ikea Vackis Clock (rear)

See how it sits well with the decor? Don't be fooled by its size - I hear its alarm very well and just annoying enough to tear me away from the computer !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question!