Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Dollar Tree Hair Dye - Does it really work?

Happy to say that I am fulfilling one of 2015's New Year's resolutions - trying something new every month! One new thing I tried in October was Dollar Tree's Coloreazy hair dye. I have been eyeing this product for awhile, but like a lot of stuff at Dollar Tree, I end up leaving it or putting it back, either because a) I chickened out, or b) I didn't need it.

Well, with my Summer brown hair dye adventures no longer looking so hot for the Fall, I worked up the courage to try the hair dye,  as my off black roots were definitely coming in (up to 2 inches). I finally needed to buy this product. Well, not really NEED it....like I wouldn't die without the dye, but you know what I mean.

The only other hair dye I've used in recent years if L'Oreal Feria. It is a much stronger product with nearly twice the amount of product per bottle and a conditioner to use afterwards. It definitely was not a fair comparison!


See video here: http://bit.ly/1Gte7GG

At a small 1.4 ounces, I was fairly impressed with this product, but mainly for covering mostly the top areas of my head that were the lightest. SEE MY SHORT YOUTUBE VIDEO for more details regarding coverage time, color I used, and more pros and cons: http://bit.ly/1Gte7GG


For now, here's the basic info:

Dollar Tree Coloreazy Hair Dye PROS:
- No offensive scent
- Inexpensive ($1 at Dollar Tree)

Dollar Tree Coloreazy Hair Dye CONS:
- Small amount of product
- Very thick & creamy (difficult to evenly distribute throughout hair)
- Few color choices at Dollar Tree

So, what's the verdict? Would I buy this product again? The quick and dirty answer is YES, I would, but only for touch ups, and not to change colors drastically (like going from black to blonde, blonde to red, etc.). And I would definitely need at LEAST two at a time, even just for touch ups. Have you used Dollar Tree's hair dye before? What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment or question!